Good morning MUGA Club members!
We hope you have been enjoying using the MUGA court over the last 18 months since opening or at least enjoyed seeing our community, young and older, out and getting active on this fantastic facility.
In our first year the MUGA Committee secured enough funding to cover the annual overhead costs for the MUGA, enabling general membership and use of the court to be at no charge to those in our community.
In our second year the MUGA Club committee have been working hard to leverage the rental potential of the multi-use games area for team sports. We marketed the MUGA facility to many local sports clubs and we currently have 8 teams regularly hiring the court paying £25 per hour.
The goal of this push was to raise funds to cover the annual maintenance costs by team hire fees rather than ask MUGA Club general member to pay an annual usage fees. The MUGA Club committee are deleighted to announce that via this drive the MUGA Club are able to cover most of the annual maintenance costs. However we would welcome any donations, however big or small, to help cover the remainder plus allow us to make improvements to the facility.
If you are able to help please just contact us via the MUGA website or email email@example.com and we can provide you with the MUGA bank detail or arrange to collect any generous donations.
Here are just some of the improvements coming soon:
• A large tarmac area to each side of the entrance pathway to tidy the area, give a clean space to leave kit whilst playing and help reduce the amount of mud carried onto the court
• We will be installing a twin bin with a recycling section
• Two benches made from recycled materials will provide seating for those watching or waiting to play
• Floor mounted boot cleaning brushes will be installed to aid the remove of mud before entering the court
• A bike rack will be installed at the playing field hut where a PIR sensor light has already been installed to aid use
• Moss prevention treatment to ensure the long life of our astro-turf surface
• Mechanically brushing the court surface and applying a fresh layer of sand
As members if you have any ideas of how to improve the facility please do contact us.
Your MUGA Committee